As a restaurant owner you are responsible for maintaining a dining establishment free of all pests, which is why rodent control needs to be at the top of your list of concerns. If your restaurant becomes infested with mice and/or rats you will lose customers, staff, profits, and your reputation.
Rodents Cause Widespread Damage in Restaurants
In order to wear down their constantly growing teeth, rodents never stop chewing. They will chew into your roof, insulation, wiring, and stored items in addition to any accessible food items. They don’t arrive empty handed either. They bring diseases (tularemia, salmonellosis, rat-bite fever, plague, E.Coli, and leptospirosis) and pests (mites, ticks, and fleas). As they continue to make their way through every inch of your restaurant they will contaminate your food and equipment with their droppings and urine.
Eliminate Resources for Rodents
Don’t let rodents take over your restaurant! Take proactive steps to eliminate sources of food and shelter to prevent an infestation.
- Cleanliness: Immediately wipe up any spills and pay close attention to areas where crumbs can build up out of reach (baseboards, crevices, under appliances and equipment). Fully clean and dry all counters and floors at close of business every day.
- Tight storage: Stored all food products in refrigerators, freezers, or tightly sealed containers unless it is in the process of being used.
- Trash and dumpsters: Remove food scraps quickly and empty trash cans several times per day. Secure all trash receptacles and dumpster lids and move your dumpsters as far away from the building as possible.
- Exterior vegetation: Keep a clear perimeter around your restaurant’s exterior by trimming back any bushes, trees, weeds, or grass.
- Access points: Eliminate access points (mice can squeeze in through a hole the size of a dime) by regularly examining your walls, windows, and foundation for gaps, cracks, and holes.
Truly Nolen Atlanta’s Complete Rodent Control Solution
Exclusion is at the heart of any rodent control program, followed by trapping those who have already penetrated the structure. Truly Nolen’s premier Complete Rodent Control “CRC” program focuses on trapping and removing existing rodents and preventing new rodents and mice from re-entering your business, as well as eradicating the feasting insects associated with rodents and sanitizing surfaces affected by rodent urination and defecation.
Additional Commercial Pest Control Programs for Restaurants
At Truly Nolen Atlanta we offer a variety of pest control programs for restaurants, including our monthly twelve step Restaurant Program for the food handling environment which incorporates an Integrated Pest Management (I.P.M.) approach and focuses on the control of crawling insects, especially the German cockroach.
Don’t Invite Rodents to Your Restaurant
Contact Truly Nolen Atlanta today to ensure your restaurant is 100% rodent-free at all times. Call us at 678–827-2847 or fill out our online form for a free estimate. We look forward to answering all your questions about our commercial pest control programs and helping you find the services to suit your needs. Don’t delay…contact Truly Nolen Atlanta today!